Coconut is also called “Narial” or “Copra” in India. Coconut is used as raw meat (pulp), water, milk, kefir, oil, chutneys, jelly, caramel and beauty products in India. Everyone like to eat or drink it. In our India it is used in each and every home to make sweet desserts, cakes, pudding and much more due to its amazing flavor and taste. A fresh coconut contains vitamins, antioxidants, flavonoids, nutrients, oils, fatty acids, lauric acid and saturated fat. They are very low in sugar and full of electrolytes. So it is not bad to say the powerhouse of healthy nutrients. So check out these numerous health benefits of whole coconuts are given below:
- Its oil contains different type of saturated fat (Lauric acid) named medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which aids in weight management or weight loss.
- Its oil can raise your HDL (Good) cholesterol level and having same antioxidants as berries and grapes.
- Its oil helps to maintain the insulin level which helps to protect from thyroid and blood sugar (Diabetes).
- Its oil helps to slow down the aging process and repair the tissues in the body. In our India its oil is used in burn treatment also to remove the scars and reducing the burning pain. It acts as a skin moisturizer for many skin treatments. It is used as hair oils. It is also safe for babies and children too.
- If it is used as cooking oil, then it helps to reduce cholesterol which provides cardiovascular health benefits and keep your heart healthy. It also improves bowel syndrome and digestion.
- Its oil helps to reduce the stress from the pancreas, which helps to increase metabolism. It contains antimicrobial lipids, lauric acid, Capric acid and Caprylic acid which has antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties, that helps to fight with harmful bacterias to boost your immune system.
- The manganese, saturated fat and contents helps your body to absorb the calcium and magnesium, which are good for bone & dental health.
- Coconut water is a good source of potassium and natural sugar, that quickly boost the energy of the body. It contains electrolytes and minerals which help to beat the tropical summer thirst, dehydration and diarrhea.
- Its water also contain riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pyridoxine, folates, calcium, iron, manganese, magnesium and zinc, so it is a best natural health drink as comparision of oranges.
- Its water helps to break kidney stones, remove harmful toxins and aids in the urinary tract.
In brief coconuts are the best food on the earth and consumed as you wish. So coconuts have many other health benefits like aids in malarial fevers, get rid of hangovers, helpful in glaucoma, insect repellent, controls dandruff, protection against breast & colon cancers, cystic fibrosis, osteoporosis, relief in gall bladder problems, kills intestinal worms, HIV, herpes, hepatitis and much more. If you know more health benefits of coconuts, then please share your knowledge with us through our comment box to serve others better.