Broccoli is a well known cabbage family vegetable available around the whole world and it looked like a cauliflower and Brussel sprouts. Broccolis having dark green in color and the sprouts of its are soft but the stalk is hard. Firstly it was grown in Italy. It has fully loaded with many antioxidants, vitamins, nutrients and flavonoids which provides amazing health benefits to your body. Check out the Health Benefits of Broccoli as follows:
- Broccoli contains sulphoraphane (A type of Phyto-nutrients), strong anti-carcinogens like glucoraphanin, diindolylmethane, beta-carotene, indoles, selenium, vitamin A, E, zinc, potassium and amino acids which help to remove the extra estrogen from the body, thus protect from the prostate, gallbladder, lung, uterus, breast, pancreatic and colon cancers.
- It is loaded with the other combination of three phytonutrients called glucoraphanin, gluconasturtiian and glucobrassicin helps in the body in detoxification system.
- The presence of kaempferol (A type of flavonoid) makes it anti inflammatory which protect from allergies and inflammation.
- It’s also loaded with the great amount of vitamins A and K which helps to maintain the metabolism of vitamin D in balance. Thus vitamin D helps our body in absorption of calcium to promote strong and healthy bones.
- It is the richest source of potassium, magnesium and calcium, which helps to regulate the blood pressure and prevent against heart attack and strokes.
- It also contains glucoraphanin, which promotes the repairing of the skin itself and detoxify them naturally.
- It contains two types of carotenoids (lutein and zeaxanthin), which is necessary for your eyes, so it helps to prevent from night blindness, loss of vision, age-related macular degeneration and cataract.
- Broccoli is a rich source of fiber (It also contains both types of fibers i.e. Soluble and insoluble, both are same amount), which is equal to your daily need and best food for the health conscious. Due to its fiber and low sugar content, it helps to maintain the insulin level to control the blood sugar level and protect from diabetes.
- It contains vitamin A, C and beta-carotene, which speed up to boost the immune system and increase the production of red blood cells.
- It is full of folate or folic acid, which is good for pregnant and lactating mothers. These also prevent from the birth defects.
In brief Broccoli is best superfood in vegetables and the above said health benefits are enough to add it in your daily need. Broccoli has many other health benefits like prevention from itches, rashes, gout, arthritis, rheumatism, constipation, stomach disorders, renal calculi, UV rays protection, anemia, alkalizes your body, increasing your testosterone, reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease, promotes regular muscle growth and much more. If you more health benefits of Broccoli, then please share your knowledge with us through our comment box to serve others better.